Kynance Cove, Cornwall

Kynance Cove is one of the most beautiful beaches in Cornwall.

kynance-cove-cornwall

It’s carved out of the coast of the Lizard Peninsula, surrounded by steep cliffs.

kynance-cove-cornwall

The white sands only make an appearance for a few hours at a time – once the tide starts to rise, they’re completely hidden. Plan your visit around the tide – for at least an hour either side of high tide, the beach is covered.

kynance-cove-cornwall

Leave the car at the top of the cliffs and take the steeper of the two paths down.

The views as you scramble down towards the beach are spectacular, especially if the sun comes out and turns the waters turquoise.

kynance-cove-cornwall kynance-cove-cornwall kynance-cove-cornwall kynance-cove-cornwallWhen you reach the bottom, wander (or wade, if the tide’s too high) over to the far side of the beach to find hidden caves.

kynance-cove-cornwallThen pick a spot on the sand and enjoy! (Go for one towards the back of the beach so you don’t have to keep moving as the tide creeps in.)

Once the waters have covered the sand, retreat to the little café for lunch (and maybe an ice-cream too…).

kynance cove cafe

For more information on Kynance Cove, take a look at the National Trust website.

8 Comments

• Reply Teesh August 1, 2017 at 6:28 am

That place looks so beautiful!

• Laura
      Reply Laura August 28, 2017 at 4:58 pm

It’s one of the most beautiful beaches I’ve ever been too – never imagined I’d find a beach like this in the UK!

• Reply Shikha (whywasteannualleave) August 7, 2017 at 8:36 pm

You see water that colour & it’s almost hard to believe it’s England eh?! So stunning Laura!

• Laura
      Reply Laura August 28, 2017 at 4:59 pm

I know, who knew Cornwall had such hidden gems! I must explore more of the UK (though it did help being a heatwave and all… not sure it would’ve looked quite the same in the rain!)

• Reply Lara Dunning September 19, 2017 at 6:43 am

What a coastline! Love the ruggedness mixed in with sandy beaches and blue waters. Some of that looks familiar as I think they must film Poldark there.

• Reply Skye September 20, 2017 at 5:29 am

Goodness me. I had forgotten just how beautiful Cornwall is. That water looks absolutely amazing. I went many years ago but missed Kynance Cove. I can see why you loved your time here. It is just gorgeous.

• Reply Edith September 20, 2017 at 12:25 pm

Kynance cove looks beautiful from what I see in your pictures. It seems like the perfect place to relax and have a picnic. I see why you enjoyed it.

• Reply Sandy N Vyjay September 22, 2017 at 4:27 am

Kyance Cove looks so ethereal. The beautiful waters look so enchanting. A great place to just relax and lose oneself in the beauty of the waters. The cliffs look magical against the backdrop of the water. Definitely the makings of some great photo ops.